Friends of Helping Hearts and Hands was formed in 2013 and is a non-profit tax exempt corporation chartered in the State of Washington under IRS Section 501C3. All activities are directed to the enhancement of Helping Hearts and Hands programs and services in Skagit, Island, Snohomish, San Juan and Whatcom Counties.
Every person in our community deserves pain and symptom relief from the chronic disease(s) that influence his/her quality of life, regardless of their ability to pay.
Our Five Core Values include:
- Every community member is an asset.
- Some work is beyond a monetary price.
- Social networks are necessary.
- Respect for all human beings.
- Reciprocity in helping.
Role and Mission
Our mission is to create a sustainable community network of resources that help people with chronic disease (such as cancer, lung disease, dementia) self-manage their quality of life. This network, using a community exchange/time bank model, promotes palliative care resources in:
- Educate and train caregivers and those with chronic disease how to self- manage symptoms of chronic disease(s)(including physical, mental, spiritual, and financial needs)
- Educate the community about palliative care through presentations and online education
- Support the community members with chronic disease
- Provide professional scholarships
- Provide evaluation and referral services to those with chronic illness